Sunday, December 30, 2007

Thoughts - My dream came true




I am very lucky.
The highlight of my trip is that I had the chance to meet in person Jimmy Wales, my "internet hero" - and this is priceless.

There are not enough words that can describe the admiration and respect I have for him.

What is even more important than founding Wikipedia, is the work and thinking that goes behind it. The bigger picture. The fact that he and his team fight to keep the cultures, languages and knowledge alive and accessible to everybody. The Wikipedia Academies - It would take me months to list the great things that he does for humanity (with a simplicity that I can't even begin to describe).

This is by far the most noble cause of all.

Please take a minute to make a donation to the Wikimedia foundation to keep this amazing project running.

He is also the founder of Wikia and there is no doubt about the fact that he will soon be taking over the world "one click at a time" ;) - stay tuned for January the 7th...

.

No comments: